Your Concierge Real Estate Professional
Cypress Property Gal

What To do if someone passes away without a will....


If someone passes away without a will, that is dying intestate in Texas. What that means is Texas law has created its own estate plan for someone who did not leave a valid will.


Texas has a notion of community and separate property. All property has to be classified as either community or separate. Then it depends who survived you. There are implications to having children from prior relationships (blended family).


Cypress Property Gal, Nichole Drayton, Realtor® at Walzel properties is a resource of the resource and has expressed permission from Alisa M. Hoggatt, Attorney to share this information. For additional information or consultation regarding the extent of information, please contact Alisa directly at